From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Python 3 support [was: Python 2.7 support]
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 12:17:47
1 Xavier Parizet wrote:
2 > Xavier Parizet a écrit :
3 >
4 >> Hi list,
5 >>
6 >> I eard some (long) time ago that portage is not compatible with python 2.7, so i
7 >> masked it (python) in /etc/portage/package.mask. What i would like to know now
8 >> is is portage now compatible with this version of python ? Or if not, where can
9 >> i follow the status of this compatibility ? I looked on b.g.o but didn't find
10 >> anything related to this.
11 >>
12 >> Many thanks in advance.
16 > Sorry but instead of python 2.7 (which does not exists), i was talking about
17 > python 3 support in portage. Is it safe to remove earlier version of python to
18 > only keep version 3 ?
19 >
20 > Thanks and sorry for the mistake.
24 Out of curiosity I tried this a while back. Portage had been updated a
25 couple time since then but at the time, portage was not happy at all. I
26 seem to recall some other programs not being happy either but I can't
27 recall which ones.
28
29 Since it is keyworded and masked. I would leave it alone.
30
31 Dale
32