From: Arnstein Oseland <arnstein@×××××.no>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Kernel 2.6.9
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 14:52:09
1 Schafer Frank wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > this isn’t a Gentoo question but I think somewho here will know this.
5 >
6 > I’m trying to build kernel 2.6.9 on my minimal system based on LFS.
7 > Module-init-tools is required for this kernel. The module-init-tools
8 > complains ``jade: command not found’’. Does somebody know which package
9 > contains this command needed. I found jade as a emacs-like editor and I
10 > can’t believe that I need something like this to upgrade my kernel.
11
12 I believe jade is used to build documentation. Make sure you have -doc
13 in your USE-flags. And if such an important package (even for a minimal
14 system) doesn't support the -doc USE flag, maybe that should be
15 considered a bug?
16
17 -Arnstein
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list