From: "de Almeida
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] emerge-webrsync
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 22:12:56
1 Hello,
2
3 After using emerge-webrsync I got
4
5
6 > Updating Portage cache: 100%
7
8 *** Completed websync, please now perform a normal rsync if possible.
9 Update is current as of the of YYYYMMDD: 20090219
10
11 I am not sure what the message means "perform a normal rsync if
12 possible." I used emerge-webrsync because emerge --sync does not work.
13 Do I still have to do anything else to update the portage tree? Also, I
14 did not get the typical message warning about a new portage version
15 (after emerge-webrsync finished) but I did emerge --oneshot portage
16 anyway and got a new portage. Is this supposed to behave this way?
17
18 Thanks,
19
20 --