From: "de Almeida
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] emerge-webrsync
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 22:12:56
Hello,

After using emerge-webrsync I got

> Updating Portage cache: 100%
*** Completed websync, please now perform a normal rsync if possible. Update is current as of the of YYYYMMDD: 20090219 I am not sure what the message means "perform a normal rsync if possible." I used emerge-webrsync because emerge --sync does not work. Do I still have to do anything else to update the portage tree? Also, I did not get the typical message warning about a new portage version (after emerge-webrsync finished) but I did emerge --oneshot portage anyway and got a new portage. Is this supposed to behave this way? Thanks, -- Valmor