From: Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Load average in make
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 15:28:59
1 On Wednesday 16 January 2013 08:37:09 PM IST, Nicolas Richard wrote:
2 > Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com> writes:
3 >> My question is which load average it checks? I'm assuming it checks
4 >> for the 15 minute average?
5 >
6 > I certainly don't know much about C, but from me grepping the source of
7 > make, it seems that job.c does "getloadavg (&load, 1)". Moreover "man
8 > getloadavg" says that the '1' there means to put the 1 minute load
9 > average into 'load'.
10 >
11 > hth,
14 Yes, it really does get the one minute average. Confirmed using a dummy
15 program using that function to report load.
16 Thanks guys.
19 Nilesh Govindarajan
20 http://nileshgr.com