From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: 500 meg / partition (including /boot) *WITHOUT USING LVM*
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 23:34:50
1 On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 18:08:04 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > > You will always have a pretty good idea how much space / needs, it
4 > > contains /bin, /sbin, /etc, /root and /lib. Unless oyu are in the
5 > > habit of storing stuff in /root, 500M is plenty. So put / on a
6 > > regular partition, everything else in LVM and your initramfs worries
7 > > go away.
8 >
9 > s/LVM/a partition using the rest of the hard drive/
10
11 As I asked before, what happens when you need more space and want to add
12 another drive? With LVM, adding the space to your existing pool of space,
13 for use by any filesystem, is trivial.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.