From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nvidia and Minefield?
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 22:49:46
1 Hemmann, Volker Armin ha scritto:
2
3 > since the problems also appear with nv (but not as severe), I would not blame
4 > nvidia, but minefield.
5 >
6 > You should got to the nvidia forum and ask there.
7
8 It seems to me he's saying that with the nv drivers, X is unusable,
9 regardless of Minefield being active or not.
10
11 > But first, what card would you use, if you don't choose nvidia?
12 >
13 > AMD/ATI? With the latest cards not even 2D is possible anymore. And their
14 > drivers really suck.
15
16 Argh. Bad news. Since i'm no gamer/heavy 3d user, I'll stick with my
17 Radeon9200se, whose 3D works perfectly with the open source radeon
18 drivers. :)
19
20 m.
21 --