From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Receiving mail from crontab
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 05:46:39
1 On Tuesday 04 May 2010 23:40:20 Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Mick writes:
3 > > I am getting a bit confused from the messages that I receive in my
4 > > gmail account sent from my crontab.
5 > >
6 > > First, is related to the title which is:
7 > >
8 > > Cron <root@mylaptop> test -x /usr/sbin/run-crons &&
9 > > /usr/sbin/run-crons
10 > >
11 > > I am not sure what this "test -x" part represents?
12 >
13 > It means: If /usr/sbin/run-crons is executable, execute it. It could also
14 > be written as
15 > [ -x /usr/sbin/run-crons ] && /usr/sbin/run-crons
16 > or
17 > f=/usr/sbin/run-crons
18 > if [ -x $f ]
19 > then
20 > $f
21 > fi
22
23 Thank you, I understand what the test does. What I am not sure is why this is
24 printed on the title of the email. Where is what is printed on the email
25 title controlled from? Is it editable?
28 Regards,
29 Mick