From: Jason Weisberger <jbdubbs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mouse device order
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 04:37:47
1 Much easier and specific directions are on
2 http://www.gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Advanced_Mouse
5 On 8/17/06, Marc Redmann <mr_spuck_2001@×××××.de> wrote:
6 >
7 > Hi,
8 >
9 > > To do this, I have to refer to the three mouses independently
10 > > through /dev/input/mouse0,1,2. The problem is, each time I reboot the
11 > > machine, the three device files have different corresponding devices,
12 > > totally unpredictable. So, is there a way to designate which device
13 > > file should correspond to which mouse? And what should I do?
14 >
15 > how about writing udev rules to create unique symlinks for each mouse
16 > device ???
17 >
18 > http://reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html
19 >