From: Kraus Philipp <philipp.kraus@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] two glibcs with different version
Date: Sat, 01 May 2010 10:59:02
1 Am 01.05.2010 um 12:53 schrieb pk:
2
3 > On 2010-04-30 15:24, Kraus Philipp wrote:
4 >
5 >> I must test a software with a older version of the glibc. I run the
6 >> 2.11.1 now but for one tool I need a previous version (2.6.1).
7 >> How can I compile the glibc without changing my system glibc. I would
8 >> like to set the previous glibc with the LD_PATH.
9 >> Can I run two different versions or is a better solution to downgrade
10 >> the system glib?
11 >
12 > I would suggest dual-booting...
13
14 Sorry, that's no solution, because it is only one network service, that
15 need's a older glibc. I can't reboot a server at any time or create a
16 new
17 physical server
18
19 Phil