From: bn <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is starting xdm enough to see something in X?
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 18:43:26
1 Mark Knecht ha scritto:
2 > Title sort of says it. I have an old machine that I'm setting up as a
3 > Myth server. I didn't want X on the machine but I'm having trouble so
4 > I emerged xdm and start it using /etc/init.d/xdm start. The drivers
5 > get loaded but I get a black screen. No error message in the X log
6 > file.
7 >
8 > I haven't messed with X at this level before. What's the minimum test
9 > of X that would display a terminal or something very basic?
12 Have you tried
13
14 startx /usr/bin/xterm
17 ?