From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] lxde +openbox updates
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 21:47:28
1 Hello,
2
3 Well, I took the plunge and put LXDE and openbox on a FX-8350
4 with 32 gig of ram. KDE was just too much of a pig and I got
5 tired of spending hours and hours of researching what had changes....ymmv.
6
7 So I'm lov'n LXDE _ openbox, although I do have to go out and
8 parse the scant documentation available. So I'll just post what
9 I want. I set up my desktop manually, just the way I like it.
10 I basically have 2 problems.
11
12 1. All of the software I install, only a few things are picked up
13 by openbox into the menu and submenus. Is there a simple app
14 I can add and run to pick up all of those apps into the openbox
15 menu? What I have read seems confusing, as there are menu files
16 all over the user and /etc/xdg dir structures? Advise?
19 2. In the ~/.config/lxsessions/LXDE/autostart file, I have:
20
21 @lxpanel --profile LXDE
22 @pcmanfm --desktop --profile LXDE
23 @xscreensaver -no-splash
24 seamonkey
25 thunderbird
26 @lxterminal
29 I have 4 differnt lxterminal sessions, each with 6 windows. I do not
30 see how this single line "lxtermial" can remember all 4 window locations
31 and the 6 tabs under each window; so how do I config this so
32 ti all comes up on logout/login or and reboots?
35 James