From: KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on Intel Mac Mini?
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 13:06:17
1 Robert J. King schrieb:
2 > It is done often. Writing this on an 24" Intel iMac running Gentoo w/ kde.
3 > Just a few gotchas that I ran into:
4 >
5 > 1. The 2008.0 livecd's version of grub doesn't have the Mac partition patch.
6 > Simple update of portage and then grub fixes this.
7 > 2. Nvidia binary drivers seem to have a bug that will turn off the screen
8 > everytime you either close X11 or switch to a VC. The screen comes back on
9 > when you go back to X by CTRL+Fn unless you have shutdown X11. If that is
10 > the case, then you have to restart it by typing blindly or ssh'ing in from
11 > another machine. I haven't found a fix for this yet. Not sure if this
12 > pertains to the mac mini they might be using ATI.
13 >
14 > Good info at: http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Apple_Macbook_Pro
15 >
16 > If you plan on installing to the hard drive I recommend keeping a small OSX
17 > partition (for firmware updates and stuff from apple) and using rEFIt as a
18 > boot manager. http://refit.sourceforge.net
19 > This is how I have it set up and its working well.
20 >