From: Trenton Adams <trenton.d.adams@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] livecd and install cd improper ACPI?
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 19:38:33
1 Hi guys,
2
3 I have a notebook that I use with gentoo. I'm trying to create a
4 tar.gz backup of the entire thing. So, I boot up with 2005.x or
5 2006.0 livecd, or install cd. Both of them allow the system to over
6 heat, and it shuts down. This never used to happen. I believe it
7 worked fine with 2004.x. Have some ACPI drivers been disabled since
8 2004?
9
10 Gentoo itself seems to work just fine, even with default kernel, or
11 should I say default in regards to ACPI stuff. So why something would
12 be disabled in the kernel just for that, I don't know.
13
14 I don't want to have to switch to RedHat for that system, that would suck.
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list