From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can I clean contacts with isopropyl alcohol?
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 00:48:34
1 Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto wrote:
2 > Hi. I have instability in my PC and I highly suspect it is caused by
3 > hardware problems in my TV card. I would like to clean its contacts
4 > and see if it, by a miracle, solves the problem. But I don't want to
5 > make it worse. So: is it safe to clean the contacts of a PCI card with
6 > isopropyl alcohol and a cotton swab?
10 > --
11 > Software is like sex: it is better when it is free.
12
13 I used to use a pencil eraser to do that. It works pretty good just
14 don't put to much pressure on it.
15
16 Dale
17