From: "Gabriel M. Beddingfield" <gabriel@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Reaching my network over the internet
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 17:24:51
1 Grant wrote:
2
3 > Hello, I'd like to ssh into my network over the internet. Do I need
4 > to set up VPN for that? Can anyone point me in the right direction?
5
6 It depends on what you're trying to do.
7
8 If you just want to ssh into a machine on your network... then no. From a
9 shell session on that machine you can access the other hosts on your
10 network.
11
12 If you want to "ssh into your network" and have your computer connected as
13 if you were actually on the network... then yes you will need VPN for that.
14
15 What sort of network access are you wanting?
16
17 -Gabriel
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list