From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I power disk off?
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 20:30:17
1 On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 1:03 PM, Paul Hartman
3 > My worry was that if the mdraid daemon saw one drive gone - either
4 > when starting to spin down or when one spins up slowly - and if mdraid
5 > didn't understand that all this stuff was taking place intentionally
6 > then it might mark that drive as having failed.
7
8 Does mdraid even have an awareness of timeouts, or does it leave that
9 to lower drivers? I think the latter condition is more likely.
10
11 I suspect, though, that if your disk fails to spin up reasonably
12 quickly, it's already failed.
15 :wq