From: Artur Zych <artur.zych@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: David Haller <gentoo@×××××××.de>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: MBR & GPT dual compliant format
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 06:56:28
1 Hi,
2
3 If you're using GPT disk and want to use uefi then you can just create one
4 efi partition (should be around 200-500mb (depends if you're planning on
5 using multiple systems on the same disk) - this will hold .efi files for
6 all your systems as well as the bootloader.
7 I you're using GTP but want to stick to MBR, then you create 1MB partition
8 to hold the boot loader, then /boot and the rest.
9
10 About the 100MB EFI-partition: it's a Microsoft recommendation:
11 https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/EFI_System_Partition, read the "create
12 the partition" section.
13
14 Regards,