From: Denis <denis.che@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] some i/o errors are making my portage useless!
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 19:46:11
1 > Getting the obvious out of the way first, do you have free space
2 > on /usr/portage?
3
4 Neil - I doubt that could be a problem. I have 20 GB allocated to
5 /usr partition alone! I think portage couldn't have filled all that
6 up - I have had no problems of the sort on other machines, where my
7 /usr partition was much smaller.
8
9 I think hard drive failure is a possibility, although it's kind of
10 funny that the failure should be limited to just that /usr partition!
11 Or does that happen sometimes? I'll try badblocks and see what I get.
14 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list