From: Mauro Faccenda <faccenda@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: "Rafael Fernández López" <info@××××××××××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Launching X.org through ssh
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 18:42:35
1 On Thursday 25 May 2006 15:09, Rafael Fernández López wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'm connecting from a computer (remote computer) to a server (sshd, it is
5 > running apache2 too, but it doesn't matter right now), and I can connect
6 > through ssh to it, and run every command all right, but launching X.org.
7 >
8 > If I try a "startx" command, it will start X.org in the local computer,
9 > and I'd like to run it into the remote computer, as you would do with RDP
10 > for example.
11
12 You must have a xserver (X.org) running on your computer, and with
13 X11forwarding enabled, you can run graphical (X) programs on a remote box.
14 You can even, start a DE (kde, gnome, fluxbox, etc...)
15
16 []'s
17 .m
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list