From: Hani Duwaik <kiawud@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problem emerging mythtv-0.19
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 23:47:29
1 I'm trying to emerge mythtv but keep running into a problem with sandbox.
2
3 Whenever I try to emerge, the compiling seems to work fine, but the
4 installation fails and I get several 'Access Violations'. It seems that
5 instead of installing into '/usr/xxx', mythtv is trying to go straight to
6 '/' (ie: /bin ... /lib ... /share).
7
8 I'm not sure what info is needed to troubleshoot this, so if anyone has any
9 ideas or needs additional information, let me know.
10
11 TIA,
12
13 -Hani
14
15 P.S.: On a previous system, if I disabled sandbox, the emerge would
16 complete, but everything would end up in '/bin', '/lib', and '/share'. Not
17 an ideal solution.
20 "If, of the many truths, you select only one and follow it blindly, it will
21 become a falsehood, and you a fanatic."