From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Is VLAN configuration manual section up to date?
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 17:39:07
1 On 2014-02-06, J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > If the switch supports bonding, use that as well. I have 4 interfaces
4 > in a single bond. On that bond I have the vlans configured.
5 >
6 > Helps with the throughput as I have multiple machines pulling data
7 > from there connected to the same switch.
8
9 I hadn't thought about that... it doesn't look like the switch I have
10 at the moment supports bonding. Since throughput isn't an issue, I
11 think I'd rather eliminate the complexity of the second/third/etc. NIC
12 card(s) in the host. In the past I had run into problems where an OS
13 upgrade would cause the interface names to swap on some (but not all)
14 machines. With just a single interface, and udev-name-randomization
15 disabled, that problem goes away. :)
18 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Hmmm ... A hash-singer
19 at and a cross-eyed guy were
20 gmail.com SLEEPING on a deserted
21 island, when ...