From: Dr Rainer Woitok <rainer.woitok@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] executing a file on a usb thumb drive
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 10:34:26
Dale,

On Sunday, 2020-03-22 04:34:54 -0500, you wrote:

> ... > I wanted to post a couple things for future reference. First, it seems > this thing requires sudo to work.  Add the executable to the sudo file > thingy.
I didn't do this, and it works anyway: # cat /etc/sudoers | grep crypt #
>   It does ask for a root password, to mount the USB stick I > guess.
Not quite, it does ask for MY password, but only for the first mount after a login. And yes, under "Application Autostart" of XFCE I have /usr/bin/veracrypt --background-task If I remember correctly, when configuring VeraCrypt under Windows there is a checkbox for autostarting it on login.
> ... > I wanted this to work on windoze as well, I > chose vfat or whatever.
My encrypted USB sticks (I have two identical ones, just in case) are NTFS formatted. And yes, naming files requires some caution. Under Linux files "A" and "a" can coexist, under Windows they can't. Sincerely, Rainer