From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xorg-server and my mouse
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 12:35:02
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 09 Apr 2009 21:27:36 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >> I'm not near as "upset" as I was a little while ago. I ran my updates
6 >> and then took a nap while it was compiling. I woke up and they were
7 >> done. Did my etc-update and went to log into KDE. No keyboard. No
8 >> mouse. No nothing.
11 > This happened to me a few months back. A quick scan of the log file and
12 > man page showed that I needed to add these lines to the ServerFlags
13 > section of xorg.conf
14 >
15 > Option "AutoAddDevices" "false"
16 > Option "AutoEnableDevices" "false"
21 Yea, one of those lines disables hal tho which I think is the whole
22 point of this upgrade. It did get me to a point where my keyboard and
23 mouse was sort of working tho. It is a good idea to have those even if
24 they are commented out for testing purposes.
25
26 Dale
27