From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Multi-DVD backup
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 21:38:19
1 On Mar 17, 2006, at 3:23 PM, JimD wrote:
2
3 > Does anyone know of an app/script for doing a multi-DVD backup of
4 > my ~/? My ~/ is 10GB so I will need something that could do a
5 > little compression and create as many DVD iso images as needed.
6 >
7 > I was thinking of just tar.gzing my ~/ and then splitting that file
8 > to sizes to fit on a DVD and then make the ISO. I was hoping for a
9 > script/app that is tested since I don't want to lose my data and I
10 > have to format my computer soon.
11
12 look at freshmeat.net for scdbackup. it can be called with
13 sdvdbackup and will span dvds. I back up my mail server totally to 4
14 dvds. you can tell it what filesystems to backup, or directories.
15 it figures it all out for you. be warned that growisofs is a prereq
16 for it.
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list