From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Kgpg 1.2.2 does not show email addresses ...
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 21:43:54
1 On Saturday 04 April 2009, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Saturday 04 April 2009 21:36:00 Dale wrote:
3 > > Neil Bothwick wrote:
4 > > > On Sat, 4 Apr 2009 12:41:53 +0100, Mick wrote:
5 > > >> Second computer with the same symptoms ... this is not machine
6 > > >> specific. Anyone else come across this problem?
7 > > >
8 > > > I rarely use kgpg, but I just checked and mine is the same.
9 > >
10 > > I looked at mine a while back, month or so, and it was normal. Right
11 > > now, mine is blank as well. Weird. o_O
12 > >
13 > > If it matters, KDE 3.5.10. AMD CPU 2500+ with 2Gbs ram. No USE flags
14 > > for that package either.
15 >
16 > I had kgpg install and be used for the first time in KDE4 in this last
17 > week. The wizard ran, I made a new key and it showed up fine. But, the
18 > three old keys on the ring were blank. So it seems kgpg doesn't like old
19 > keys.
20
21 When you say old keys, were these imported from a key server, or you had them
22 stored locally? Were they perhaps created using gpg, as opposed to the later
23 gpg2? I wonder if there is some incompatibility between the two that causes
24 this ...
25
26 I will need to renew my key pair soon because it is about to expire so I will
27 no doubt see what the new keys do (as long as I remember to call
28 gpg2 --gen-key rather than gpg).
29
30 Thank you all for your responses.
31 --