From: john <jdm@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can emerge play a sound on either a successful/unsuccessful build?
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 21:34:23
1 On Wed, 16 Jul 2014 21:00:42 +0200
2 "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > On 16 July 2014 18:46:16 CEST, galiza.ceive@×××××.com wrote:
5 > >"J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org> writes:
6 > >
7 > >> On Monday, July 14, 2014 12:46:48 PM Neil Bothwick wrote:
8 > >>
9 > >>> I actually have it send an alert to my phone with Posterous but
10 > >>> you
11 > >> can
12 > >>
13 > >>> do whatever you want.
14 > >>
15 > >>
16 > >>
17 > >> Which "Posterous" is this?
18 > >>
19 > >> When I google it, I only get information that it actually got shut
20 > >> down after being bought by Twitter.
21 > >>
22 > >>
23 > >>
24 > >> I am looking for a cheap method to get notifications to my mobile
25 > >> phone. I used to use a free SMS service via a company in SA.
26 > >>
27 > >
28 > >Maybe Telegram[1] fits your needs. You'd need:
29 > >
30 > >- The appropriate client on the phone side.
31 > >- Telegram CLI [2] on the computer.
32 > >- A little shell script, such as (usage: script USER MESSAGE)
33 > > #!/bin/sh
34 > > /path/to/telegram -B -k /path/to/tg.pub <<AAA
35 > >
36 > > msg $1 $2
37 > > safe_quit
38 > > AAA
39 > >You could also send logfiles (^msg^send_text, $2 being the path to
40 > >text
41 > > file)
42 > >
43 > >HTH
44 > >
45 > >[1] http://www.telegram.org
46 > >[2] https://github.com/vysheng/tg
49 > >> --
50 > >>
51 > >> JOOST
52 > >>
53 > >>
54 > >>
55 >
56 > This and pushover look interesting.
57 >
58 > But I also need something that doesn't require a data connection.
59 > I am occasionally in places with bad reception and SMS is often still
60 > usable. Never mind the cost of maintaining a data connection while
61 > roaming. (Receiving SMS is free in any country I care to visit with
62 > my contract)
63 >
64 > I don't mind paying for the service. But it needs to be affordable.
65 >
66 > --
67 > Joost
68
69 Hmm,
70
71 From this there should be a change to Gentoo policy. For every
72 sucessful ebuild emerged there should be a rendition of "Run Like Hell"
73
74 I wonder what songs are appropriate to Gentoo?
77 John D Maunder