From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cannot build qtwebengine: ‘WEBP_EXTERN’ does not name a type
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 18:29:02
1 On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 06:54:08PM +0200, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2
3 > I’ll try a libwebp downgrade now.
4
5 Since that didn’t work either, I tried to recreate the error by building a
6 minimal c program, which only includes libwebp headers and opened/closed a
7 webp object.
8
9 I was so rusty with handling gcc that I didn’t get it to build, but when
10 running `locate libwebp.a`, I found out that I had an old version of the
11 lib installed in /usr/local. I can’t remember what I needed it for and so
12 I uninstalled it.
13
14 And whaddaya know, qtwebengine now compiles happily. I’m already at file
15 8981/15727, while the error popped up at 6592/15727, which is way earlier.
18 Yay.
21 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
22 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
23
24 NOTHING is the complete absence of SOMETHING.
25 Without presence of absence there is no NOTHING.