From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: /usr/src/linux gone
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 00:03:31
1 On 03/09/2011 03:29 PM, sean wrote:
2 > I just did an update of my system and now the linux directory under
3 > /usr/src is not there.
4 > In fact under /usr/src there is nothing.
5 >
6 > Something change or would anyone have any ideas of what might have
7 > happened, and how to fix?
8
9 I don't know why/how it happened, but that is where the source code
10 for your linux kernel *should* be.
11
12 Just as an example, I use the "sys-kernel/gentoo-sources" package for
13 my kernel source code. There are many other kernel source packages you
14 can choose from, but if you have no special reason for using some other
15 kernel, I suggest you "emerge gentoo-sources" to restore that directory.
16
17 Once the kernel source code is restored to /usr/src/linux, you will
18 need to configure your custom kernel (if you use a customized kernel).
19
20 Do you understand what I've said so far? If not, tell us where you
21 got lost :)