From: gekret005 <gekret005@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Udev Problems
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 06:23:16
1 Hello gentoo-user,
2
3 I'm cross-posting my issue from https://github.com/anyc/steam-overlay/issues/326#issuecomment-1386038107 which turned into a core issue with my system which is not specific to steam.
4
5 It seems that udev is not loading some rules on my system, notably: /lib/udev/rules.d/99-fuse.rules and /lib/udev/rules.d/60-game-input.rules .
6 Udev is at the sysinit run level with openrc, and I do not have any custom rules.
7
8 Something weird though is that restarting udev once after reboot applies the fuse rule, and  a second time applies the uinput rule.
9
10 I tried debugging a bit by turning on debug in /etc/udev/udev.conf and rebuilding the initramfs, but I'm not sure if its logged in /var/log or what as I can't find any problems being reported.
11
12 Does anyone have any ideas as to what is wrong with my udev exactly?