From: "Marc Stürmer" <mail@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hibernation
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 12:51:19
1 Am 03.12.2014 um 11:32 schrieb Michael Vetter:
2
3 > However when I close my notebook's lid (I configured xfce4-power-manager
4 > to switch into hibernation in this case) it shuts down, but when i press
5 > the start button, it just does a normal restart.
6
7 Do you want to configure
8
9 a) simply hibernation, which means that the RAM is still powered by your
10 battery and just the rest of the computer is being switched off (CPU,
11 HDDs and so on)
12
13 or
14
15 b) suspend to disk, which means that the whole content of the RAM is
16 being written on your HDD and after that your computer is being shut
17 down entirely?