From: Todd Goodman <tsg@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET & libreoffice
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 20:49:17
1 * Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> [160227 14:42]:
2 > I don't know much about PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET and PYTHON_TARGET, it all
3 > seemed to just work so I never looked further. Until now. Of all
4 > packages, libreoffice seems to want only python3:
5
6 I was in the same position until my last updates didn't work either.
9 > I can set it in make.conf but as expected that causes all manner of
10 > other packages to fail emerge checks as they need python2.7.
11
12 What I did was add the expanded USE flag for python3_4
13 (python_single_target_python3_4 I think, but doublecheck the output to
14 be sure) in package.use for libreoffice for the same reason (I had other
15 packages that still need python2.7.)
16 [..SNIP..]
17
18 Todd