From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Detecting printers at a remote site
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 20:13:47
1 On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 12:38 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 > DesertFlower ~ # lpstat -a
4 > lpstat: Forbidden
5 > DesertFlower ~ #
8 This was a permissions issue in cupsd.conf on the print server. I had
9 the allow/deny stuff out of order. So much for thinking I can follow
10 directions.
11
12 I cannot check the the page actually printed correctly as no one's
13 home but watching the progress inside CUPS on my mom's machine it
14 looked OK and looking in the server it said it printed so most likely
15 everything is working.
16
17 Thanks again for the great write up. It helped me and and will likely
18 help others in the future. Thanks!
19
20 Cheers,
21 Mark