From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] unmerge hotplug
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:47:03
1 On 11 April 2006 19:44, Marko Kocić wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 > I wanted to do some cleanup of the system to get rid of some unneeded
4 > modules. emerge -pv --depclean suggested me lately that I should remove
5 > hotplug
6 >
7 > I have hotplug added at runllevel default. I'm using vanilla-sources
8 > with udev for some time ago.
9 > Is it safe to unmerge hotplug? Has it become obsolete lately?
10 >
11 > I recently umnerget coldplug and removed it from runlevel boot, and
12 > haven't found any problem so far. Was that cleaver.
13 >
14 > If I remove hotplug will something break?
15
16 If you look into /etc/init.d/hotplug you'll notice that that script virtually
17 doesn't do anything but leaves it to coldplug. Since you have already
18 unmerged coldplug, ...
19
20 Uwe
23 Why do consumers keep buying products they will live to curse?
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list