From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Smplayer adjusting PCM level in Kmix.
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 03:53:04
1 Howdy,
2
3 I've had this problem for a really long time.  I've tried adjusting
4 settings in Smplayer to stop it but so far, I have not found the magic
5 combination or option to change.  I don't have pulseaudio here.  Just
6 Alsa and friends.
7
8 As some know, I use Smplayer to watch TV with.  I use the old dying
9 Gnome-player to watch other videos on my computer screen and sound
10 through computer speakers.  I tend to watch fix it videos etc with
11 Gnome-player.  Anyway, one thing that Smplayer does that annoys me is
12 each time it starts a new video, from either a fresh start or next video
13 in the playlist, it adjusts the PCM sound level in Kmix. Usually it
14 adjusts it down to almost mute.  I've seen it adjust down to 6 and even
15 2.  Either way, no sound.  I've tried every setting in Smplayer and the
16 audio section I can find and no matter what, it adjusts the PCM sound
17 level in Kmix every single time.  It's annoying as heck.  I think I've
18 looked in every config file that deals with sound.  I've removed or
19 commented out a lot of volume settings with no change.
20
21 Does anyone know if there is a way to tell it to knock it off?  It's
22 getting so annoying, I'm thinking about abandoning Smplayer.  So far, I
23 haven't seen any other player do this.  That's why I think it is a
24 Smplayer setting somewhere.  By the way, Smplayer is set to not change
25 volume with Kmix or anything else.  I adjust the volume on the TV
26 itself, with a remote.  One woould think that it bypassing sound control
27 devices that it would also leave Kmix alone, since it shouldn't even be
28 going through it anyway.
29
30 Ideas?
31