From: Eric Bliss <eric@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Asian fonts in X/Mozilla
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 19:19:32
1 On Friday 24 March 2006 09:00, Jeff wrote:
2 > Hey all. Have a look at the *bottom* of this Google screen shot:
3 >
4 > http://home.comcast.net/~jmg_071769/images/borkedcharacters.jpg
5 >
6 > How do I get those Asian characters to appear?
7 >
8 > TIA!
9 >
10 > -Jeff
13 Try adding "cjk" to your USE flags and doing an emerge -N. I don't remember
14 if there was an additional package I had to emerge as well, but the cjk flag
15 adds support for the Chinese Japanese Korean font sets. I just did this
16 myself a few weeks ago. (Don't really know why I bothered though, since I
17 can't actually READ Kanji - but I suppose it looks cool.)
20 Eric Bliss
21 systems design and integration,
22 CreativeCow.Net
23 --