From: Joshua Schmidlkofer <joshland@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SMP/HT & top
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 20:08:24
1 On 10/17/05, A. Khattri <ajai@××××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sun, 16 Oct 2005, Mark Knecht wrote:
4 >
5 > > Was I mistaken in thinking that a true SMP system and also a hyper
6 > > threading system would show two processors in top? I am trying out a
7 > > new HT kernel built this morning. I've enabled both SMP support and
8 > > hyper threading support but top shows only a single processor.
9 >
10 > What kind of CPU is it? And what kind of FSB? Not all P4's have
11 > hyperthreading (as I discovered recently).
15 If you have Dual Procs + Hyperthreading you ought to have a total of 4
16 processors.... post the contents of /proc/cpuinfo