From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nvidia drivers and a Geforce FX-5200 card.
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 07:08:04
1 zhen wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > 5200 is also my card and I have recently tested it with latest nvidia
4 > driver - it doesn't work with latest stable kernel 2.6.27-r8. I've had
5 > to roll back to my old nv driver.
6 >
7 > Best regards,
8 > Evgeniy B.
12 Do you, or anyone, know if this is a kernel thing or is this a nvidia
13 driver thing? Something is amiss somewhere. While I am stable using
14 this old kernel and I don't mind using the old driver with a new kernel,
15 I would like to keep my kernel up to date. We have storms coming
16 through in the next few days and I will be rebooting a good bit anyway
17 so I would like to get this upgrade done. I just don't know where the
18 problem lies, kernel on nvidia driver.
19
20 Any thoughts?
21
22 Dale