From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Google privacy changes
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 20:08:21
1 On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 1:52 PM, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 2:30 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> On Thursday 26 Jan 2012 18:09:16 Florian Philipp wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> This made me thinking: Does anyone out there use different browsers for
6 >>> different services? Like using Chrome only for GMail, Youtube and G+,
7 >>> Opera for Facebook and Firefox for normal browsing?
8 >>
9 >> Yes, I use Chromium --incognito to check some financial websites, Firefox with
10 >> private browsing to do my banking and log in to work remotely (Citrix SSL VPN)
11 >> and Opera for very much everything else because of its speed and
12 >> configurability (although these days most browsers have caught up with Opera in
13 >> most respects).
16 >>> I guess you could achieve the same using different user profiles. For
17 >>> example `firefox --no-remote -P google` and `firefox --no-remote -P
18 >>> default`.
19 >>
20 >> Ha!  I didn't know that FF can handle different profiles!  I better read on this
21 >> now.
22 >
23 > Pretty much all of the Xulrunner apps can do this. So Firefox,
24 > sunbird, thunderbird, seamonkey...
25
26 And have been able to for at least a decade, back to the Netscape
27 Navigator days, I think... at least Netscape Communicator for sure had
28 it, since roaming profiles was its big feature.