From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ATI Radeon
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 12:00:09
1 Mark Humphrey schreef:
2 > Anyone had any luck with getting an ATI Radeon 9550 (or 9600) for
3 > that matter to work nicely under Linux (not neccessarily Gentoo
4 > specific)?
8 > Email Disclaimer http://www.aplitec.co.za/emaildisclaimer.htm
11 I've got a 9800SE (which is essentially the same as a 9600 Pro). It
12 works.... "nicely" is a matter of opinion.
13
14 Because I use 3D hardware acceleration, I use the proprietary fglrx
15 drivers, but many report that the kernel drivers are much more painless
16 (but you only get 2D, no OpenGL support).
17
18 What are you trying to do that you can't get done? And on what type of
19 system (desktop or laptop)?
20
21 Holly
22 --