From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] what pgm is rotating my /var/log/syslog, etc. files?
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 22:06:45
1 I have two gentoo machines, my primary one and one I cloned off of that.
2
3 The original gentoo machine has lots of nice /var/log/syslog.1.gz, etc.
4 files.
5
6 The clone has one big /var/log/syslog file.
7
8 I now have logrotate installed in both machines.  I see that the
9 original has cronie installed and an /etc/cron.daily/logrotate file, but
10 that corresponding  /etc/logrotate configuration file does not list any
11 of the important  syslog, kern.log, etc files.
12
13 When I do as /etc/cron.daily/logrotate does:
14
15   sudo /usr/bin/logrotate -v /etc/logrotate.conf
16
17 I get debug output that shows it does only what /etc/logrotate.conf
18 tells it to do.  And syslog, etc. are not touched.
19
20 Could it be that there's another facility that's doing that work?