From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't boot with kernel 3.5.7: init not being started
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 18:13:38
1 Am 09.11.2012 18:47, schrieb Alan Mackenzie:
2 > Hi, everyone.
3 >
4 > I recently built a kernel 3.5.7, but my system doesn't boot with it.
5 > More precisely, it appears not to be starting init, since the line
6 > containing "INIT" and "version 2.88" is missing from my console display.
7 >
8 > The booting process did get as far as mounting my root partition RO.
9 >
10 > My system boots fine with 3.3.8.
11 >
12 > In my 3.5.7. .config, I've checked obvious things like having the ext3
13 > driver built in.
14 >
15 > Would somebody please give me some idea what I might be doing wrong.
16 > Thanks!
19 Can you post us your config?
20
21 Regards,