From: Martin Vaeth <martin@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: gcc-5.0 ?
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 07:02:49
1 Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Now that 5.1 is in Portage (masked), you should keep in mind that
4 > emerging it will result in the 5.1 libraries being used, even if you
5 > keep 4.9 (or 4.8) as the default compiler.
6
7 If you should really get problems with this, you can manually
8 remove the corresponding *5.1* line(s) from
9 /etc/ld.so.conf.d/05gcc-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu.conf
10 or change the order and then call env-update.
11 Note that calling gcc-config afterwards would recreate your
12 original file again, so you do not really have to safe it.
13
14 However, so far I had no problems. OTOH, I do not use a heavy
15 C++ desktop and had already recompiled practically everything with 4.9