From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Qustions re Dell M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drives under Gentoo
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 16:18:03
1 > Anything with spinning disk "is obsolete" they are trying to give it
2 > way because nobody is buying them (you can buy them for few dollars),
3 > don't expect it to last long.
4
5 I've never had a hard drive fail on me. That includes a 2008 core2
6 duo that I shut down last autumn. Web surfing was getting painfully
7 slow, and really large spreadsheets were dying in 3 gigabytes of ram,
8 but otherwise it still worked. 256 G SSD is not enough for me now.
9 That takes us into 512 G SSD territory, which will be "adequate" for
10 now, but who knows about my future needs.
13 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
14 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications