From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Nvidia-drivers + kernel 3.4
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 06:55:48
1 On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 05:49:39AM -0400, Philip Webb wrote
2
3 > I don't suspend on my machines: Nvidia is running on my desktop PC.
4
5 I live in a condo building, with a separate electric meter for each
6 suite. I'm conserving a valuable resource, i.e. my bank account <G>, by
7 shutting down the machine overnight, etc. I noticed a problem with
8 suspend, but I didn't realize the connection with Nvidia 302.17.
9
10 > I do have a problem that occasionally an image on Firefox overflows
11 > & this then infects all the other desktop displays: it is cured by
12 > killing FF & re-opening it. That seems, however, to be due to Firefox
13 > 13 or possibly Flash, not to Nvidia, which I've only just updated.
14
15 It seems to be a problem with Nvidia+Flash. E.g. start a Youtube
16 Flash video in FF. Then drag an xterm over the FF window. You've seen
17 the images where xterms have a background image? Well this goes one
18 step further... there's actually a live video image playing under the
19 text. Somewhat distracting, to say the least.
22 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>