From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tips on running a mail server in a cheap vps provider run but not-so-trusty admins?
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 19:59:36
1 On 8/18/20 12:43 AM, Caveman Al Toraboran wrote:
2 > would i get blacklisted for simply not using spf/dkim/etc? even if
3 > no other user is using the mail service other than me and i'm not
4 > mass mailing?
5
6 I don't think it's that you would be black listed per say.
7
8 Rather, I think it's that nothing would cause your email to stand out /
9 up and appear more legitimate than the general background noise.
10
11 You want to stand out from the background noise so that you aren't
12 subject to the almost default block of a lot of background noise.
13
14 It also provides something for positive (and negative) reputation to be
15 associated with.
16
17 Think "some random person said" vs "Caveman said". Which will mean more
18 in the circles you travel in?
23 Grant. . . .
24 unix || die