From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] virtualbox - failed to access the USB subsystem
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 01:22:33
1 On 09/02/13 08:14, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 >>
3 >> Thanks Alan for suggestions.
4 >> I've re-installed the Guest Addition and see if something has changed.
5 >> My problem is that everything works OK when I log-in over the Free-NX; I
6 >> only noticed these problem when I physically was in front of the box.
7 >> This box is in a remote location.
11 >My first point of troubleshooting would be permissions, probably
12 >starting with pam and consolekit. Look for rights and groups that
13 >different between local and remote users.
14 >
15 >I'm not familiar with how Free-NX works - does your system know the
16 >difference between local and remote users wrt Free-NX logins?
17 >
18 >--
19 >Alan McKinnon
20 >alan.mckinnon@×××××.com
21
22 Yes, it could be a permission problem; but I don't know which file or user.
23 When I login to a remote user I log-in as "shadow" or same user as if I was in front of the box.
24 I'll login tomorrow over ssh and try to re-install the virtualbox-bin + extension.
27 Joseph