From: Hinnerk van Bruinehsen <h.v.bruinehsen@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Building a binary package without installing
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 10:39:37
1 On 06.06.2012 12:25, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > I wish to build a binary package of glibc-2.14.1-r3. I don't want to
3 > actually install it on my system. Just build a tbz2 for it to use on
4 > another system. Is there a way to do that? Portage aborts when
5 > emerging an older glibc and won't let you proceed, so I can't just
6 > install it normally and them build a binpkg.
10 you should be able to use:
11
12 ebuild <path-to-ebuild>/glibc-2.14.1-r3.ebuild package
13
14 Quoting the manpage:
15
16 package
17 This command is a lot like the merge command, except that
18 after fetching, unpacking, com‐
19 piling and installing, a .tbz2 binary package tarball is
20 created and stored in PKGDIR (see
21 make.conf(5)).
22
23 You may need to set PKGDIR.