From: Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] (Solved) anyone tried amdgpu (kernel module)
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 17:16:31
1 > Have you tried this firmware package instead, sys-firmware/amdgpu-ucode?
2 >
3 > Do you have the firmware included in your kernel config file?
4 >
5 > Device Drivers --->
6 > Generic Driver Options --->
7 > -*- Userspace firmware loading support
8 > [*] Include in-kernel firmware blobs in kernel binary
9 > (amdgpu/<YOUR-MODEL>.bin radeon/<YOUR-MODEL>.bin)
10 > (/lib/firmware) Firmware blobs root directory
14 > Yes I have the firmware includes, I'll try the amdgpu-ucode and report back.
20 > Mission successful! Thanks everyone, it appears the missing sdma1.bin from linux-firmware is contained in amdgpu-ucode and after switching everything is running fine.
25 Good to hear.
26
27 Thanks for letting us know.