From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: {OT} Will ARM take over the world?
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 21:11:56
1 > > * Linux is available for non x86 platforms. :)
2 >
3 > Only by a monumental crowd-source effort never before witnessed in the
4 > history of engineering.
5
6 I'm spoiled then. Gentoo's ARM support is so complete and easy to use, I
7 didn't realize it was a big deal. BTW, I haven't counted but it seems like
8 about 95% of the stuff in portage has an arm keyword. I wanted to use
9 inetd (netkit-base) on ARM and it didn't have an arm keyword, but it worked
10 anyway.
11
12 > When Apple migrate CPUs (they have now done it three times), they tweak
13
14 It's starting to look like four (ARM this time):
15
16 http://www.valuewalk.com/2012/12/implications-of-apple-inc-aapl-intel-corporation-intc-break-up/
17
18 - Grant