From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev rules for an iPod Touch?
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 14:18:14
1 On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 8:06 PM, Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Nov 5, 2011 6:51 PM, "Mark Knecht" <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>
5 >> (I do that a lot because my
6 >> blood is pretty unique.)
7 >
8 > (sorry for the offtopicness, but I really am curious)
9 >
10 > AB+ ?
11 >
12 > Rgds,
13
14 Yeah, off topic, and a good first guess. I'm AB+ which makes my plasma
15 universal donor, but I'm also but also CMV- which makes it appropriate
16 for people who have suppressed immune systems. (Newborn babies, AIDS
17 patients, etc.) I've been donating for about 10 years now (since 9/11)
18 and in fact donated both platelets and plasma yesterday afternoon. I'm
19 told that in the U.S. the AB+/CMV- combination makes my type way below
20 1% in my age group. As a whole blood donor my AB+ can only be used by
21 other AB+ people, but my plasma can be used by anyone. Plasma can be
22 frozen and keeps for up to a year so I'm pretty much assured that
23 everything I donate is used somewhere.
24
25 I hope anyone reading who doesn't donate will at least consider
26 donating. Even donating once a year is a big help. It's not painful
27 and whole blood donations are easy. I do apheresis which takes longer
28 as it draws my blood, separates the contents, keeps the plasma &
29 platelets and then returns the rest of my blood back to my body.
30 (Spooky!) ;-)
31
32 Cheers,
33 Mark